Working under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and the Box Office Manager, the Box Office Assistant will be second in command at the Box Office and assist in overseeing the Box Office staff.
- Audience Experience
- Assist with developing Customer Service training for temporary staff.
- Execute touchpoints with audiences (including pre- and post-show emails, text alerts, etc.).
- Audience Research
- Collect audience feedback
- Consolidate responses to audience surveys; assist with creating audience demographics reports to help inform marketing strategies and decisions.
- Capture audience statistics (social media, website, ticket sales, in-person data collection) to inform marketing strategy (in conjunction with Box Office/Spektrix, Marketing/Social Media, and HM/FOH).
- Interdepartmental Collaboration
- Collaborate with House Management
- Coordinate with Front of House to ensure effective info-flow both internally and with audiences.
- Box Office
- Ticketing / Reservations
- Maintain events, packages, discounts, and other box office functionality.
- Implement a plan for cutting off advance sales and deploying remaining ticket inventory to Festival venues for on-site sales.
- Balance on-site ticket sales each day, reconciling income and inventory, and returning unsold tickets to the ticket system.
- Prepare a wrap-up report including an analysis of box office operations, forms and seating charts, per-show personnel expense report, recommendations for future.
- Implement the plan for managing concierge and member ticket orders, and donor complimentary tickets.
- Organize and route will-call orders.
- Maintain a system for tracking complimentary ticket allotments and seat blocks used by various Festival departments, and a method for holding and releasing seats in a time-appropriate manner.
- Manage the execution of plans for staff, equipment, and technology to accomplish the following:
- Phone sale, internet purchasing, and customer inquiries.
- The establishment of walk-up sales location(s) outside the Festival’s offices.
- On-site, pre-show ticket sales at all Festival venues and events.
- Print-at-home and e-tickets, and their on-site use.
- Online reservation systems.
- Must have 2-3 years of customer service experience
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with box office software is required; knowledge of Spektrix a plus
- Proficiency with Cloud-based solutions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities with efficiency and poise
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Interest in the arts & performing arts a plus
- Spanish a plus
- Familiarity with the neighborhoods and communities in and around New Haven a plus
- Ability to work in person in New Haven May – June 2022 required.
$20 / hr
A good entry to management; while many of these tasks are incumbent to the role, a team of approximately 12 staff support in the execution of this function
As needed January through March
Full time in person April through June, with extensive overtime in June
April through end of June (2 months)
LOCATION: Remote & in-person at 195 Church Street, 12th Floor, New Haven, CT 06510
International Festival of Arts & Ideas is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate or permit discrimination against any person or group of persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, transgender status, gender identity or expression, marital or pregnancy status, national origin, ancestry, present or past history of mental disability, intellectual disability, learning disability, military status, lawful source of income, sexual orientation or physical disability, or any other class of persons or categories protected by law.
The Festival believes in centering Black and Brown communities that are targeted and abused by unjust systems of oppression. The Festival stands in solidarity with the communities, artists, and speakers with whom it collaborates and pledges that its support extends beyond the Festival’s performance dates. The Festival will do everything it can to help dismantle systematic racism and raises its voice with those in the community who are already engaged in this vital work. The Festival commits to working alongside the community to create transformative change in New Haven.