Primary Job Duties
- Hire Assistant House Managers/Ushers (in consultation with the Audience Services Team, Director of Marketing & Communications, and the Director of Finance & Administration) for festival programming
- Create an updated training protocol for Assistant House Managers/Ushers based on previous festival training and safety protocols
- Create & maintain a staffing schedule for festival events
- Adjust existing or create new documents critical to House Management updates and reports for upcoming events
- Hold House Management/Usher training sessions
- Provide daily check-ins with front of house staff to prepare for events and lead staff on-site during events
- Manage the on-time submission of House Management Reports (within 1/2 hour of curtain down for events)
- Responsible for organizing and filing all front of house reports
- Fill in as necessary for any unforeseen circumstances, staff and/or emergencies having to do with front of house operations
- 1+ years of experience in Customer Service
- Familiar with and integrated into the diverse communities of New Haven
- Ability to communicate in Spanish (preferred)
- Ability to lead a team of staff members
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills, especially when working with multiple projects/teams.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities with efficiency and poise
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Interest in the arts & performing arts a plus!
- Reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications and works closely with the Audience Services Manager and Assistant Audience Services Manager
- Supervises a staff of Assistant House Managers/Ushers
- Key Communication with the Director of Finance and Administration, Producer, Director of Programming & Community Engagement, and Security Team
Classification: Part-Time Temporary
Engagement Period: Early May through June 2022
Compensation $20 per hour
International Festival of Arts & Ideas is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate or permit discrimination against any person or group of persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, transgender status, gender identity or expression, marital or pregnancy status, national origin, ancestry, present or past history of mental disability, intellectual disability, learning disability, military status, lawful source of income, sexual orientation or physical disability, or any other class of persons or categories protected by law.
The Festival believes in centering Black and Brown communities that are targeted and abused by unjust systems of oppression. The Festival stands in solidarity with the communities, artists, and speakers with whom it collaborates and pledges that its support extends beyond the Festival’s performance dates. The Festival will do everything it can to help dismantle systematic racism and raises its voice with those in the community who are already engaged in this vital work. The Festival commits to working alongside the community to create transformative change in New Haven.