This position covers three areas including hospitality for artists, speakers, and staff presented by the Festival and Neighborhood Festival Events. This is a temporary position from April through July. The Hospitality Manager will work under the supervision of the Company Manager to secure and distribute food and food service to Festival artists/speakers and staff.
- Solicit the donation of goods and services wherever possible, within organizational guidelines in coordination with Development Department.
Food Service Planning and Preparation
- Manage the Hospitality Budget
- Establish a standard set of menus including food and beverage items to be offered at each venue or event. Determine the appropriate quantities and equipment necessary for each set-up.
- Plan staff meals during the Festival as necessary.
- Arrange contractually required artist and speaker meals via buy out or from area restaurants in coordination with the Company Manager.
- Prepare detailed and dated shopping lists of perishable and non-perishable goods; purchase goods in advance as necessary/applicable.
- With the Company Manager, schedule, hire and train a staff of Hospitality Assistants, and supervise their activities.
Food Service Implementation
- Arrange depot and retrieval of supplies and equipment at venues.
- Schedule pick-up and drop-off runs for staff, supplies, and ice, etc with the Transportation Manager.
- Set up, refresh, and strike food service for artist green rooms, meals, toasts.
- Serve food and beverage at artist toasts.
- Set up, refresh, and strike food service for staff meals and snacks.
- Organize and share any viable left-over food with food pantries etc.
- Inventory and pack up supplies and equipment for use the following year.
- Prepare a final, detailed report on all aspects of the above.
- Write thank you notes to donors of goods and services.
- Provide the Festival’s development department with information on donated items/donors.
Prior experience in company and/or stage management for the performing arts and hospitality a plus. The position requires an excellent attention to detail, multitasking, strong organizational and people management skills, and ability to work with food and in social settings. Calm trouble shooting and problem-solving skills are also required. Additionally, the position requires the use of MS Office Suite and associated web apps. The position requires excellent references.
Reports to the Company Manager Supervises a staff of assistants (number TBD)
Key Communication, Producer, Transportation Manager, Artist Services Coordinators, and Development Director
$20-$21 an hour.
International Festival of Arts & Ideas is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate or permit discrimination against any person or group of persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, transgender status, gender identity or expression, marital or pregnancy status, national origin, ancestry, present or past history of mental disability, intellectual disability, learning disability, military status, lawful source of income, sexual orientation or physical disability, or any other class of persons or categories protected by law.
The Festival believes in centering Black and Brown communities that are targeted and abused by unjust systems of oppression. The Festival stands in solidarity with the communities, artists, and speakers with whom it collaborates and pledges that its support extends beyond the Festival’s performance dates. The Festival will do everything it can to help dismantle systematic racism and raises its voice with those in the community who are already engaged in this vital work. The Festival commits to working alongside the community to create transformative change in New Haven.
Your application was submitted successfully.